Monday, May 21, 2007

BE ABSENT FROM THE BODY

Do you consult the body? Do you obey its commands? Before going outside, do you ask the body: Is it cold? Will I become sick if I don't put a coat on? Will I get a headache if I don't eat or if I eat the wrong food? These are patterns of mortal thinking. The body is in reality thoughtless and mortals are asking this thoughtless body to rule over them and make decisions for them.

Mary Baker Eddy writes in Science & Health "When you say, 'Man's body is material,' I say with Paul: Be 'willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. (pg 225:28-30)" When we begin by excluding all thoughts about the body from consciousness, "Give up your material beliefs of mind in matter, and have but one Mind, even God; for this Mind forms its own likeness. (pg 225:30-1)" the body becomes unconscious and the I that is thinking becomes conscious with God, Soul.

Affirmation: I am a spiritual idea emanating from Mind.

Further references from Science and Health
"I saw before me the sick, wearing out years of servitude to an unreal master in the belief that the body governed them, rather than Mind. (pg. 226:22)"

"Legally to abolish unpaid servitude in the United States was hard; but the abolition of mental slavery is a more difficult task. The despotic tendencies, inherent in mortal mind and always germinating in new forms of tyranny, must be rooted out through the action of the divine Mind. (pg. 225:23)"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home